Saturday 15 October 2011

Vietnam Fundraiser - The Deen

(To catch you up: In November myself and nine other nursing students from my uni, along with two of our teachers, are off to Rural Northern Vietnam in November to perform health assessments, observe at local hospitals, educate school children on good hygiene and donate supplies to orphanages. We've been busy as busy sea monkeys trying to raise money to buy medication like antibiotics for the villages over there.)

Last night was our fundraiser at the (in)famous nightclub, The Deen. My Deenginity was thus broken as of last night. I had made a conscientious effort not to go before because I don't really fancy clubs that have policemen standing outside them already at 7pm - It's a little dodgy.

Anyway, the people of The Deen kindly gave us the upstairs room for free and gave all of our guests a free 'gift' (read drink) on arrival so we were lucky to be able to have it. We ordered those super professional wristbands and went about selling tickets which is where we made our profit.

All week I've been doing a lot of this:

But being that it was a charity event that was being held partly for me, I slapped a hefty dose of foundation and blush to hide my sickly skin, and dressed up with winter boots, tights and a jacket because I am in the midst of sweating out a fever, and made it out the door.

It ended up being a really good night, and it was nice having nursing peeps around as well as friends from school - I super appreciated my friends for making there way out to The Deen because I know it takes a lot!
A teeny tiny picture of our invite because that is all I could get off of Facebook.
I didn't take many pictures because one of the guys coming on the trip had his fancy pants camera there so I let that do that photos. I do have a feeling that I had my drunk face on all night so the photos could be questionable to say the least. A lot like the below I'm guessing.

Sorry about the lack of decent pictures in this post but ah well - It's the weekend and I can do what I want.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment